Tuesday 5 May 2009

The JV Business Model.

The various business models we have to choose from comprise the traditional, sole trader, partnership, limited company and PLC to the more up-to-date forms found online as well as the alternatives such as MLM or network marketing which may integrate features found in the online/offline context.

My own experience has crossed some of the models that exist above, my first being a sole tradership which I ran from 1980 till 1998, ScreenHeat offered a screenprinting service in the field of garments and textile substrates.

From 1992 I had come into contact with MLM having been introduced to the concept through a customer of my screenprinting business who'd found a level of success with it. Due to my then health profile I was unable to participate and I passed up on the chance until 1994 when I was re-introduced to the model and commenced as an Amway distributor, I attended meetings, local and at distance across the UK and bought the tapes and books which I have to this day. I regard it as part of the "whole" education process and am proud of the point I have reached on the back of my "training". While I didn't achieve the financial goals I hoped to attain it was helpful in the general scheme of my development.

I have also been involved with Direct Sales, with companies offering a product in the Personal Development field, and also the Home Improvement market where again the skills and knowledge that I have gained are all part of the mix which I am able to engage with now.

Business nowadays relies more heavily on broader knowledge based skills than ever before with multi-tasking an essential in the current economy. An awareness of all things across the management field, legislative issues, customer care and the fundamentals of marketing mean it's no longer to think within narrow boundaries in order to succeed. Conversely the need to focus remains an ever present demand and staying true to your strengths which are at the heart of your business.

A Joint Venture with a business partner allows you to cut across the various limits that may exist within your business and offers the chance to expand in markets outwith your immediate area of expertise. How does one go about setting up a JV?

Well to find out the full answer you need to visit my website where I reveal all you need to know.

I hope you find the answers to your questions and that the JV option is something you'd like to take on as a way of expanding your business.

No comments: